Saturday, November 3, 2007

Episode 3 Shownotes (Rhinebeck Wrap Up)

Sorry for the delay (I know, 2 of our first 3 shownotes posts have started like that, but I promise this is not going to be a regular occurrence. . . as you know from the show I am in the process of relocating and have limited internet access.) We talked about a whole lot in this episode and I'll just try to keep the shownotes in the order that we talked about them.

Rhinebeck


Juli's purchases
(see pictures at my Rhinebeck blog post):
Green sock yarn (I don't know the brand, it's now in storage)
Tongue River Farms sock kit
Socks that Rock
Merino Roving
Alpaca With a Twist (didn't actually buy, but will in the future!)

Gloria's purchases:

Scarf kit from Morehouse farms (kit isn't for sale online)
Super Secret Purchase - I'm not allowed to know what this is so there isn't a link for this!

Valerie's purchases:

A WHEEL!!!!! - Ashford joy double treadle
Blue faced leicester
Undyed sock yarn
Merino Roving
Jacquard acid dyes

Our Brush with the Knitting Famous:
Yarn Harlot siting!
Meditations for women who knit too much by the Yarn Harlot

Blogger Bingo

Plans for next Rhinebeck:
Morehouse Farms Scarf Kits
Brooks Farm
Rhinebeck Ravelry Group

WIP:
Secret Pal Socks - Maizy yarn - Springtime color
Mom's christmas present (Ravelry link)
Brea Bag
Harrisville Yarn

Holiday KAL/CAL:
She-Knits
Yarn Thing

Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap
Sock Knitting Bag Tutorial
Row Counter Bracelet Tutorial

Jasmine Charitable Trust

My preferred yarn storage device - Target cubicles

Items that are worthy of the limited car space for the drive to Ohio:
Socks that Rock
Tongue River Farms
Lotus Yarns

Stash and Burn podcast

Secret Pal 11

Val's package from She-Knits

Tell Val how you balance time with your kids, spouses, and knitting!

Tell Julianne about knitting groups and knitting stores in Mount Vernon, Ohio!

Check out Val's October blog posts for pictures of us at Rhinebeck . . . like this one of the knit sibs with our crochet mama!!

3 comments:

Jude said...

I just listened to your podcast. I found you on I-tunes. I heard that Julianne is moving to Mt Vernon. I'm not sure how close to Columbus this is, but the Columbus area is a pretty cool town. Easy to get around.
This link will help for yarn stores.
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIC_en___US225&um=1&q=yarn+shops&near=Columbus,+OH&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

Also if you go to the The Yarn Shop (A on the Map) you must stop at Penzyes Spice shop. It is the greatest spice shop in the US. I actually live in Cincinanti, but Whenever I'm in Columbus I stock up. I actually haven't been to this Yarn shop because I didn't realize that there was one so close to Penzeys.

Also, Close to Dayton is a number of yarn and fiber shops. There is a fiber show in Yellow Springs in September every year - Maybe less stressful than Rhinebecks
Don't worry - Ohio is easy

Anonymous said...

I was listening to your podcast and wanted to comment on the missing spring on the brake of your new Ashford.

The spring on the brake is best replaced with a hair elastic rather than a new spring. It's more sensitive, stretchier and totally better than the spring. I just swapped mine out.

Kimberly said...

I've been listening to your podcast while I jog and the few times when I get a chance to be alone and I love it. I also wanted to say that I'm one of those working crafty moms who also tries to catch a bit of craft in between two little kids, a more-than-part-time job and a husband who needs me too. I just try to sneak in as much fiber as possible-usually once the kids are in bed and I have an hour or two to myself. Now my husband's the other problem-I mean not him just fitting him in between the fiber. ;) Somehow it works. Just wanted to say hi from Germany!! Good luck on the move!!
kimberly www.thegivingflower.de